Saturday 27 March 2010

You're only young once...

So the 23rd year came and went and here we are on the doorstep of 24. I am done with graduation, pursing post grad, working and dancing (something I love doing the most), shouldering more responsibilities than I thought I would have at this age and I am married ! 

I used to be a somewhat insane person !! My insanity has gone for a toss!! It doesn't feel like me anymore. I am so much more practical and rational. 
I used to be so unorganized. (No debating allowed on that.)
Now I clean my cupboards every 2 weeks!
I use to sit quietly and ponder the universe and all its wonders
Now I wonder just where in the universe  the quiet went. 
I used to write poetry and sing songs.
Now I talk to myself and debate the TV.
I use to just go into my bathroom to do what I needed.
Now I have to perform covert ops to get there so I can be uninterrupted.
I used to eat meals and enjoy. I still do. 
I used to go out with friends and talk.
Now I blog and update on facebook.
I used to be able to think clearly.
Then I think, I just grew up!

5 comments:

  1. i like the simplicity and clarity of thought, its innocent and honest, nice flow!ps: i have known the insane dhwani...quite interested in knowing the other one.and about the fb and blog we can blame it on web 2.0 yo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written... but i can still see the insanity in you... and i know it'll always be there... XOXO... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written dear! we grow or not but elders say "e haju nana chhe" so there is the question and through this blog i like to say one thing "WHY WE GROW UP?".......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dhwani,
    As your name suggests, there is a reverbaration of your psyche in ur words. As Hamlet says: "Words, words, words." Especially the title is catchy. You see, the case with people like us is that we are always in search of something. We fail to fit into the set structure of the society. And so this agony or upheaval in the ocean of mind! Literature is an apt manifestation of such disturbing emotions or I should say bottled up emotions. And there comes Aristotle with his easy outlet/Catharsis theory. I recall Susan Santog's words that true literature has the capacity to make us nervous.
    Such discussions are endless....
    Anyway, feels good to read refined language of a student after ages! You may check www.jaynmehta.blogspot.com
    Hopefully, you would enjoy it.
    Keep writing.
    -Jay Mehta

    ReplyDelete
  5. simplicity... I love it about your wrightings...right from your heart, I can feel it. I can imagine you thinking and dwelling deeper in your self to draw your content while you write :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Him

He is sunsets by the seashore and long aimless walks and chequered shirts and deep gazes and the smell of cologne so warm and ent...